Pages

Thursday, April 14

Ugly the Pillow Gets Dressed

We begin with a trip to Disneyland in the spring of 2008. Hannah Montana was super cool then. Miley Cyrus wasn't off being a crazy bird person in a cage. And my little sister and I had matching pink shirts that we wore on the same day once or twice.
But then I got sick of it and turned it into a pillow.
Flash forward um...2 years? Yes. That bright pink thing was around for a long time.

I made this simple knife edge pillowcase in my Home Decor class. I was going through a shabby chic phase then and I just fell in love with this toile. From Walmart. That was $2 a yard. So I have a lot still and don't know what to do with it now.

So I made another pillowcase out of that fabric and this one was too overwhelming to be on the same bed. So I gave it a sweater. One of my friends had done this with her pillowcase project and it looked really cute. I think this one is kind of dumb.

And since it was dumb I started over and made this super cute selvage pillowcase from a free Moda Bake Shop pattern! I just love love love how it turned out and so happy that I could feature my last little strip of Neptune somewhere that it will be enjoyed. I think selvage projects are just so cool because you can use the tiniest little scrap that has always been thrown away in the past.  I also love it when there are fun words or the fabric has a silly name.

And this is the back!

A close up so you can enjoy it more :)

2 comments:

Rachel said...

super cute! can i commission you to make things for me? everything you make is so cute. i'm jealous.

Felicia Kile said...

Wow! I love the scraps you used. I think it is such a good idea! I think I might copy you and do something like this someday.