Pages

Saturday, January 1

So This Is The New Year

2010 was filled with my lowest lows and my highest highs.  I graduated from college, spent a summer and fall working full time and playing the rest of the time, developed a few very close personal relationships, went to my sister's wedding, made some major pitfall mistakes and poor choices in friends, recognized that I have a great support net of people who wanted to help me bounce back, fought long and hard with myself about who I want to be, and began paperwork to serve a mission and dedicate my life to the Lord for 18 months.  I don't think many more details need to be given about the lows because they are trenches that I have pulled myself out of and moved on from.  I hope to remember the great moments of the year that were stepping stones to where I am now.

2011 will be unlike anything I've met in the past.  I have moved home temporarily, something that I had vowed I would never do again once I was on my own, and am once again in search of short term work. I know that I am not going to be here more than 3 or 4 months and then I will be uprooted to another place on the globe.  Most of my best friends have been left behind and the social life that I crave is not available.  Living life where I am is going to be a big challenge. I love having my blog friends because I know that wherever I am I can just check in and see that life goes on.
I have some personal goal ideas floating around in my head that I am working on but I have never been a big resolutions person. Oh, except for that one year that I had a big time major crush on Billy Gilman and I resolved that not a day would go by that year that I did not have a little daydream about him. Yes. I kept that resolution faithfully! Oh 13 year old Elle. If only things were still that easy. But maybe not so stalkerish. 

No comments: