Pages

Monday, August 3

See you at Adventure's Edge!

If the thought had occured to me today I would have gone into a wooded glen to punch dance out my rage. Instead I hit the elliptical for an hour and a half and read a fashion magazine.

You know that saying about life giving us lemons and making lemonade out of them? Well I've also heard that the lemonade sucks if life doesn't also hand you sugar and water. Life gave me a nice fat lemon today in the form of being fired. The sugar and water: I was planning on quitting anyway. Guess that takes away the stress of making the decision! I am now free from the anger, frustration, and complaining that was taking over my life. Don't get me wrong, I liked the job and I was extremly happy to have the extra work, but it was not ideal. Especially the management. Oh well, I may have been disposable to them but I am not a disposable person and they'll regret that decision when the new girl hired to take my place (before they told me I was getting fired) can't tell the difference between nylon and wool. Ok, so she's probably bright, but I'm trying to make myself feel better remember? I'm gonna miss those crazy boys I worked with that always smelled oddly hungover and delicious at the same time and especially my little religious back corner buddy. Luckily friendships can outlast poor mangerial choices. Later skaters!

Here's the song:

No comments: