Pages

Wednesday, March 3

Backstage

For a few filler credits this semester I signed up for a stage makeup class and I think its the best thing I've ever done! So far I've learned how to do


  • male and female corrective makeup
  • middle age
  • old age
  • extreme old age with latex
  • beards and moustaches
  • wigs
  • "grossies and gories" (wounds, burns, bruises, scars)

There is a 10 hour minimum requirement for working backstage during the campus plays so I've spent the past three weeks in the pit of the Snow Building. I had no idea how fun it would be! I've really perfected my old man face on a few of the guys in the production. Oh, we're doing Macbeth, did I mention that? I'd never seen or read the play before and now I really feel like I'm a part of it. Cast pictures are being taken tonight so I'll be heading back to the theater in just a few. Hopefully I'll get some good pictures of faces I've done. All I have so far is work from class. Isn't it interesting how we become so emotionally invested in our passions? I'm attending the show tomorrow night after I get the guys ready and it will be so exhiliarating to see my work on the stage! Closing night is Saturday and I don't want it to come!


Good news: Children of Eden starts in about 2 weeks...

2 comments:

Carin said...

AWESOME, Elle!!! That is really cool! I can't wait to see what else you have done!

Diana said...

Wow! That's really good, better than some movies I've seen....